Wednesday 13 July 2011

Meet the Team





Andrew Heilbrunn
(Head Biokineticist)






I am a registered Biokineticist, working at the Centre for Diabetes and Endocrinology in Houghton, Johannesburg.


Areas of Expertise:

  • Diabetes management
  • Cardiac Rehab
  • Orthopaedic rehab
  • Neurological rehab
  • Metabolic rehab
Qualifications

BA HMS                                 University of the Witwatersrand
BA Honours Biokinetics           University of Pretoria







      

           Lauren Williamson
          (Manager)





I finished my Biokinetics degree in 2007 and completed my internship at the Centre for Diabetes. I was fortunate enough to be offered a full time position once I qualified and have been able to pursue my keen interests in chronic disease (especially diabetes) and spinal rehabilitation within a multi-disciplinary medical practice.   

Qualifications

BSc Sport Science                           RAU
BSc Honours Sport Science              RAU
BSc Honours Biokinetics                   University of Johannesburg







      
      Robert Carew

 





I completed my Biokinetics degree in 2007 and went on to complete my internship here at the CDE in 2008 and they could not get rid of me. I have a passion for helping people and a keen interest in sports. I really enjoy working with the elderly.

Qualifications

BSc Human movement science and Physiology                   Wits
BA Honours Biokinetics                                                     Pretoria








 Nicole Picas








I completed my Biokinetics degree in 2008 and was offered an internship position at the Centre for Diabetes and Endocrinology Biokinetic Centre, which I completed in 2009. I was then offered the opportunity to stay on as a full-time Biokineticist at the centre and have been here ever since. I enjoy being exposed to both chronic and orthopaedic rehabilitation on a daily basis. I have a particular interest in neurological conditions, which I have also been exposed to here.

Qualifications

BSc HMS & Mathematics                                 University of the Witwatersrand
BSc Honours Biokinetics                                  University of Johannesburg





 




Bailey Cockerill







Having always been a physically active person and interested in rehabilitation, Biokinetics seemed like an appropriate career path to follow, for which I have an absolute passion for! After completing my degree in 2008, I was offered an internship position at CDE where I have been since. Whilst chronic disease management constitutes the majority of therapy, I have a keen interest in neck, shoulder and lower back rehabilitation.
 
Qualifications

BSc HMS & Physiology                                                    University of Witwatersrand
BSc (Med)(Hons) Exercise Science (Biokinetics)                 University of Cape Town
Pilates Mat Instructor                                                        BASI








      
       Tanya Bellon

  




Having always had a passion for helping people and being interested in the rehabilitation proceeding injuries, Biokinetics seemed to be an appropriate career option as it combines both people interaction with helping people recover through prescribed exercise therapy. After completing my second honours degree in Biokinetics in 2009, I was offered an internship position at the CDE for 2010 and have since made CDE my home. My exposure to Diabetic management as well as many other chronic and orthopaedic conditions has allowed me to develop a particular interest in diabetes management, neurological conditions as well as weight loss.

Qualifications

BA HMS                                                      University of the Witwatersrand
BA Honours in Sport Science                        University of Johannesburg
BA Honours in Biokinetics                             University of Johannesburg









 Arshaad Hoosen (Ash)







I have had a colourful experience becoming a Biokineticist which started off while completing research in a seed biology research unit at the University of Natal, now University of KwaZulu-Natal. Biokinetics for me is a wonderful merge between my passions; Science and Exercise. I enjoy working with chronic disease management and injury rehabilitation. I started my internship in June 2010, with Andrew. My internship experience has been enriched with wonderful educated colleagues and memorable clientele at the Centre for Diabetes.

Qualifications

BSc Biological Sciences                                 University of Natal
BSc Honours Biological Sciences                    University of KwaZulu-Natal
B Sport Science                                             University of KwaZulu-Natal
B Sport Science Honours Biokinetics               University of KwaZulu-Natal








     
      Adam Stein








Since always having a keen passion for sport and seeing the injuries attached, this was the start to my passion in injury rehabilitation and health improvement. After completing my honours degree in 2010, I was offered an internship position at CDE where I am completing my internship year.

Qualifications

BSc Natural and Environmental sciences           University of Johannesburg
BSc Honours in Biokinetics                              University of Johannesburg









      Megan Mac Vay







Having always been involved in any sport from a young age, I have always had a keen interest, not only with interacting with people but also with the mechanics of the human body. Biokinetics was then the perfect combination of the two. I underwent my undergraduate studies as well as my honours degree at the University of Pretoria and am now currently fortunate to be doing my internship year at the CDE. I am currently exploring all aspects of the field and have not yet settled on a speciality.

Qualifications

BA HMS                                                                 University of Pretoria
BA Honours Biokinetics                                           University of Pretoria
Pilates Mat Instructor                                               BASI Pilates Pretoria









       Suzann Knoetzen







I completed my Biokinetic studies in 2010 and started my internship with Andrew this year.   I have always had a passion for exercise and dealing with and helping people on a one to one basis.  Biokinetics has provided me with the perfect opportunity to combine all of my interests and so I have been enjoying every minute of my chosen career path. 

Qualifications

BA HMS                                       Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
BA Honours Biokinetics                 Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University

No comments:

Post a Comment